Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's amazing what you can do when you try

These past three months has been a life changing experience for me. I was able to do lots of things, things that I thought I will never be able to do. Below is my brag list of those things..

1. Cook for myself.

So far, I have tried cooking Chopsuey, Caldereta, Giniling, Sinigang and Ginataang Tilapya. Hahaha. If I was in the Philippines, I will never try to learn how to make such meals. My father is a very good cook so I let him own the kitchen. Here, I learned through force. I have no choice, if I don't cook, I won't eat. All I can say is that I eat what I cook so it means that they're edible.. at least.

2. Do the laundry.

Every two or three days I do my laundry. I have three uniforms (Mushkila!) and this month I don't have any free day (Alhamdulillah!). Whenever I talk to my mom on Skype and tell her that I am doing the laundry she always tell me "Wala ka nang ginawa dyan kundi maglaba!". My answer will be #ganyantalagasasaudi. Haha. Washing the clothes might sound easy but me I have my tired legs and back pain that makes it more difficuly. Well, everyone here does it so I am not excemption.

3. Budget

Years back, I experienced earning more than I need but as my salary gets bigger,my wants become more so I was not able to save. I know that I am really bad in handling money but here it's different. During my secnd month, I was able to purchase a Vaio Netbook. For me that says a lot about how I manage my money cosidering the long list of papers that I needed to pay for me to be able to work here legally. BUdgeting is one of the biggest challenges that I have here but Inshallah, I was able to keep up.

4. Save

I cannot really say that I have saved a solid amount of money by this time. It’s too early. All I know is that if I continue the way I handle my money like I do now, the future looks promising.

5. Avoid Commitments

So far, so good. No strings attached therefore no major heartache. I keep those I like as my friends and let them know what I like to do first. May the “AWESOMEST” wait for me.. Inshallah.

5. Speak a foreign language.

Until now, this is my major challenge but I am getting used to it. It helped that Arabic here is so broken that I don’t have to worry about grammar. Bahaden Inshallah ana kalam Arabi mafi mushkila. Inshallah.

Alhamdulillah!

No comments:

Post a Comment