Monday, March 19, 2012

one.

One year done, one more to go. I’m psyched that just like that, a year away from my family, the language that I speak and the life that I know is over. I have one more year left and instead of felling exhausted about it, I feel the opposite. I am in a “bring it on!!!” mood. By the help of God, I was able to start working in a good area in the hospital where I work and I am excited to learn brand new things. I know I am getting older and I am happy that even if that’s the case, I am still hungry. Hungry to learn, hungry for pressure, all I want is more.

My life in Jeddah is both dull and exciting. If I look at it in a daily basis, it keeps on repeating. Same bananas every freaking day. But if you go inside each day, if you cut it into pieces, I can say that I am a daredevil. Here I was able to try things that I planned on trying long before but wasn’t able to. They all fall in front of me and all I had to do is to accept or reject it. And guess what? I said “yes” to them all! It felt really good.

In the next couple of days, I am trying more new stuff. They might get me into trouble but I don’t care. I know I am in good hands. I know that the friends that I have here are good. They have my back and I have theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment