Friday, December 9, 2011

Nanay

One day, I decided to keep my roaming mobile on my cabinet for me not to see the messages anymore because they are just so upsetting (just like a few seconds ago). It was kept there for about a month when I opened it last week and saw a message from my Nanay. She told me how much she misses me and how much she wish that I am back home for Christmas.

If you ask me, I miss Nanay more than anything in the Philippines. She always have this accepting warmth. Whatever I do she understands and tries to explain my side. And in the end if I come out wrong, she will nevertheless hug me and tell me that it's okay, she will love me just the same.

I remember the things that Nanay did for me. I remember her opening the door when I come home from a party at 3am. I remember her fetching me because it is too dangerous for me to walk home. I remember her giving me money during the time that I was unemployed and I did not know what to do with my life. I remember her not asking for anything, anything even if she knows that I am capable of giving her already. I remember her sobbing everytime one of us is sick or wronged

I may not be able to say this everyday but I have the best grandmother in the entire planet.

I love you Nanay!

No comments:

Post a Comment