Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sister ELizabeth

I'v been here for more than 100 days now and I have come to the point where I was able to build good relationships with some people. One of them is Sister Elizabeth, she works as a medical transcriptionist in the hospital and I come to her for report almost every freaking day.

Even from the very beginning I see her as this calm, professional and warm mama. She's always polite and she does her job excellently. She even correct doctors sometimes. I think she's one of the few that really knows what she is doing in the entire hospital.

I like her so much because she kind of looks like my grandmother. Her skin, her smile, her warmth resembles Nanay so much. With all the nice things about her, you wouldn't think that she's is also having a hard time surviving. One time she told me that she's thinking of all the needs of the people around her but when it comes to her needs, nobody seems to notice. She even cried that time. Even if she refuse to tell me what's happening, I know that it's difficult for her. Despite those low days, she's still able to walk along with her warm smile which I like so much.

I remember her teaching me to the act of "doing them good". She told me that if other people are trying to push me or do something bad towards me, "do them good". It's like the old Filipino saying that goes like "Pag binato ka ng bato, batuhin mo ng tinapay.". Somewhat, it made sense. I don't know why these past few weeks I seem to forget my to watch my manners. I am the kind of person who when I hate someone, everything they do becomes annoying (breathing included). So yeah, I am guilty of hating everything that this particular person is doing.

I am so bad. It's not right. From today, I'll try to be like Sister Elizabeth. She holds maybe little or no grudges at all, she's so warm that you'd like to hug her everytime you see her, she's just full of good things. In this place where our families are way too far from us, I think the best thing to do is just to be good with one another.




No comments:

Post a Comment