Thursday, August 12, 2010

Then we talked about you.
Dootsie: “Do you have a boyfriend?”
Me: “I’m not sure. I used to.”
Dootsie: “What’s his name?”
Me: “Leo.”
Dootsie: “Is Leo a human bean?”
Me: “We’re all human beans.”
Dootsie: “Do you love him?”
Me: “I think so.”
Dootsie: “Does he love you?”
Me: “He did. And then he didn’t. I think he will again.”
Dootsie: “When?”
Me: “Someday.”
Dootsie: “Where is he?”
Me: “In the state of Arizona. Far away.”
Dootsie: “Why?”
Me: “Why what?”
Dootsie: “Why is he far away?”
Me: “He goes to school there. I moved here to Pennsylvania.” (Oops…now you know. We moved to your home state. Well, I won’t narrow it down any more than that.)
Dootsie: “Did he kiss you?”
Me: “Yes.”
Dootsie: “Did he kiss Cimmamum?”
Me: “Yes.”
Dootsie: “I don’t wanna talk about him anymore.”

No comments:

Post a Comment